HONG KONG ENGLISH WRITING COMPETITION 2021
The Hong Kong English Writing Competition 2021 aims to foster students’ creativity by creative writing. If you are aged between 5-12, please do not hesitate and join us now!
JOIN US NOW!
ELIGIBILITY AND GROUPING
- are P.1-P.6 students (Age: 5-12)
- Junior level (Age: 5-6)
- Intermediate level (Age: 7-9)
- Senior level (Age: 10-12)
DETAILS OF THE HONG KONG ENGLISH WRITING COMPETITION 2021
JUNIOR LEVEL (AGE: 5-6)
Topic: Write a poem to express your feeling during the Covid19 pandemic.
*entries are on your feeling during the COVID-19 pandemic, we do recommend a positive message.
Word count: 10 to 12 lines
INTERMEDIATE LEVEL (AGE: 7-9)
Topic: Create your own dragon and write a descriptive passage about the dragon.
or Create a brand new invention that can help the world.
Word count: 150 to 200 words
SENIOR LEVEL (AGE: 10-12)
Topic: Write a short adventure story involving a mythical creature of your choice.
Word count: 400 words
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- 1st Runner-up
- 2nd Runner-up
- most creative writer
All the winners will get a certificate, DLC cash voucher, the chance to attend Hong Kong Book Fair 2021 award ceremony and Special Prizes from Mr. Marco!
result release: 25/7
award ceremony: mid-July in Hong Kong Book Fair 2021
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition is only open to pupils who are P.1-P.6 (Age: 5-12)
- Participants are required to scan their writing and upload a PDF file in google form for the competition
- No late submissions will be accepted under any circumstances
- Each participant can submit 1 piece of writing only
- the submitted writing must be the participant’s original work
- Participants retain copyright of their submitted writing. However, by entering this competition, participants grant Beacon Childhood Education Centre and Diverse Learning Club the rights to use in any social media platforms, including in print and online
- The judge’s decision is final
- All rights reserved by Beacon Childhood Education Centre and Diverse Learning Club